Thursday, November 29, 2007

8 random things about David

Sorry it's taken me so long to come up with my list. Also, I just don't know enough bloggers to link to, besides Ann, Mom, and Abby who are ahead of me in this meme of random things. Anyway, here are my 8 random things...

1. I love paper airplanes. They are the coolest homemade toys. In fact, I own several books on paper airplanes—my public reason is that I’m keeping them for when kids come over, but they’re really for me. (Don't tell Abby, but I moved them to California in case I feel like making some.) Oh, and in 6th grade I won 1st place in a multi-event paper airplane contest.

2. I also love (and am really good at) tying knots. I was always the knot expert in Boy Scouts and on Blackbeard’s I taught lots of new crew their knots.

3. In spite of the fact that I am now working as a fancy cheese monger, I think that Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is one of the world’s perfect foods.

4. I have very sensitive skin. Any exposure to cleaning supplies or beer sanitizing chemicals makes my skin get all rashy.

5. I don’t function well without breakfast. I need at least a bowl of cereal or a PB&J or I’m crabby until lunch.

6. I’m terrible at wine tasting. Last weekend at a sensory evaluation wine tasting, the only descriptor I could think of for one of the scents was Ann’s Strawberry Shortcake dolls from when she was little.

7. I love family time—the more cliché, the better. I love holiday meals, pumpkin carving, gingerbread house construction, card games, movie night, fireworks, you name it. (It doesn’t even have to be my own family.)

8. In spite of the fact that I have friends all over the world from the Army and Blackbeard's, I’m a terrible correspondent. I really owe an apology to just about everyone I know for not keeping in touch better.

And as a bonus, I have a 9th thing that I feel like is worth mentioning...

9. I can wiggle my ears with an unusual degree of skill. I can move them both together or each individually. I can also move them in any direction ranging from up toward the top of my head to straight back behind me.

1 comment:

Peanut said...

I believe that the Strawberry Shortcake scent description was amazing because I know exactly what you are talking about!