Monday, July 23, 2007

Photo of the week (Last Week)


For those of you not fortunate enough to know this man, his name is Bennett Compagno. He is the man behind Compagno's Deli in Monterey, CA. It is impossible to convince anyone who hasn't tried his sandwiches how amazing they are, so I'll just say that Bennett's chicken parmesan sandwich followed by a slice of chocolate peanut butter cake would high in the running for my choice as my final meal.

This photo was taken on the 13th of July when Abby and I went to Monterey for the day so I could show her my old hang-outs from my time at DLI, the military language school I attended there. (And as additional evidence of his greatness, Bennett hooked us up with free passes to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.) We had a great day escaping from our apartment.

We're just about to go to dinner for our 2nd anniversary, but I'll post more pictures from Monterey tomorrow. And I'll get to this week's photo of the week tomorrow or Wed.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Ah, it's so good to see my second husband again. He's looking the same and I'm glad the sandwiches are as good as ever. You and Abby look pretty happy too. I'm so jealous.

Love, Mom