Sunday, August 26, 2007

Week 5

Cooking School week 5

This week was pretty fun, and I didn’t have to get up as early as I thought I was going to have to, so that was nice. It turns out that we are not allowed into the kitchen before 7 due to legal liability. Sooo instead of 5:30, which is what time I got to school on Monday…yuck, I was able to get to school at 6:30 which was soo nice.
At school we made beef medallions with spicy tomato sauce, roast beef, roast chicken, risotto, braised veal cheeks, and a whole lot of seafood, shrimp, crab (live when we got them, dead and yummy when we were done with them) fish, which had to be gutted (eeww) and scaled and filled and boned ..eww. Too much fish.

The highlight of his week was that I had time to get my hair cut, which I hadn’t since done since Wisconsin. I also went out to lunch and played tennis with one of my friends from school, Victoria. It was nice to put on real clothes and do normal stuff.


Next week is again a week of testing. Wednesday written and knife tests, and Thursday the cooking test. We have Friday and labor day off which I am really looking forward to because Wade and Ali are coming!! I can’t wait to hang out with them!!!! Lots to do before then though.
Right now David is still at work (9:30pm) and I just got home because today was inventory day at D and D. Not a lot of fun, although the guys in the department were talking about drinking when they got done so I don’t think it will be too rough for David the rest of the night. I hope that everyone had a great week!
Lots of love –
Abby

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Okay, I would so hang out clutching my fork and knife at your school. There I'd be, pacing in the hallway, waiting for leftovers (except for the fish guts). Yum!

Peanut said...

Yay for crab! You know how we do when it comes to crab. And yay for hair cut I bet you look real fancy now. I am glad you are having some fun and being a real person and not just a chef ;)