Saturday, August 18, 2007

School Week 4

This is my second chef, Tucker Bunch, which is the silliest name ever. I thought you could all use a picture of what someone named Tucker Bunch looks like.





First for the not-school news. The 13th is my parent’s anniversary! Dave and I celebrated by going to the French Laundry and dropping an insane amount of money that we don’t really have on dinner for two. The French Laundry is debated as being the best restaurant in America, and is super hard to get into, so it was really cool that we were able to get a table. Dinner was really good, although not what we expected. It was much simpler than we thought it was going to be, but it was delicious. In addition to our fancy dinner on Monday, we had our first guest to our apartment, and we have the same face. That’s right it was Wade, who was in Santa Rosa for business and came to hang out with us n Tuesday. Dave made an awesome dinner as always and it was fun to catch up. On Thursday I got to eat with Wade and mom and Dad, because David took my closing shift at work. What a nice guy.

In school everything went pretty well. I had one group member who I wanted to strangle the entire time but besides that it was ok. This group member is from India and is still under the impression that women should not carry heavy things or use dangerous things like knives or the stove so it’s a little education process for him. Our items that we made this week were real food, sautéed chicken breast with spinach and au gratin potatoes, grilled beef tenderloin, grilled salmon, grilled pork chops. We are actually making our lunch and our extras are put on the lunch buffet for the rest of the school, so that’s kind of fun. Next week I am a sanitor, which means that I need to be at school around 5:30 to help with the set up of everything for our class, which start at 7. Yikes.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Well, he just looks goofy. Precisely how I imagined a "Tucker Bunch."

I'm sorry that the French Laundry wasn't quite what you guys expected, but now you can at least say you've been there. Kind of like the Garlic Festival.

Love,
Ann

Peanut said...

I'm gonna call him tubu for short which when pronounced sounds like tubba. He looks like a jolly fellow.

Abby&David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abby&David said...

I told my friend Victoria about Tubu and now everyone calls him that!! To funny Leigh!!!