Sunday, August 26, 2007

Celebrity Count

I had my third celebrity sighting at Dean and Deluca's yesterday evening, and Abby and I thought it might be interesting to post our celebrity sightings to the blog.

#1 During our first week here in town, Abby saw Michael Chiarello of the Food Network at the Safeway by our house. He is her culinary nemesis because he uses grey salt in all of his cooking, even to season pasta water. Grey salt is an expensive sea salt from France and its virtue is in its appearance, so any use but for finishing is extravagantly wasteful. (Grey salt can cost over $20 per pound.) I think she showed commendable restraint in not kicking him in the shin.

#2 My first week working at D&D, I served Tory Belleci, one of the builders on the Discovery Channel show Mythbusters. I helped him find some prosciutto, salami, and cheeses. He was pretty friendly and when he was ready to leave he asked me if we were allowed to accept tips. I told him that I wasn't sure, so he gave me a tip--"Have that shirt cleaned and burned." No, not really, he gave me a few dollars.

#3 Earlier this week, Joe Montana came into D&D while I was working. I didn't serve him, but I saw him.

#4 Yesterday I helped Robin Quivers of the Howard Stern show. I sold her some cheese.

Unfortunately none of these are juicy stories we can sell to the tabloids for lots of money. We'll let you know if we get any of those.

David

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I think I'd be most excited about Tory too. He's such a cute dork, but now if it was Jamie, I'd stammer and stutter and be useless. Sounds like you guys have an interesting place to work.

Love, Mom/Barbara

Peanut said...

One day at a time David. One day at a time. Soon your dream of being a tabloid correspondent will come true. Some day.

Leigh-