Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Week 18

Week 18, 19, and 20 are “Cuisines of the Americas”. Week 18 we cooked food from the US, southern, northeastern, pacific northwest, mid west, etc. The food was fun to make and the lectures are pretty interesting. I have a new instructor, Chef Ken, who is also my next door neighbor. He is a pretty interesting guy. Tons of fun, and a good teacher.

David and I had fun last week as well, we made Christmas cookies, and TOM AND JERRY MIX!!! It is super yummy and we have been drinking one pretty much every night. They make us feel all warm and fuzzy and Christmas-y which is hard to do in CA. Its still pretty warm out, 60 degrees and sunny today. The palm trees make it hard to feel Christmas-y as well. We’ll keep listening to Christmas music and drinking Tom and Jerry’s until we get into the Holiday spirit. My class Christmas party is on Saturday night, at our house. It should be fun and put us both in the holiday spirit.

Dave and I also went to the redwoods on Saturday. The photos are on the post below. We had a blast. It was too fun.

Lots of love to all
Abby

2 comments:

Ann said...

Mmm, Christmas cookies! It's been warm here, too, and I'm having a hard time feeling Christmas-y. Just wait until we get back to WI! It'll be more Christmas than we can handle.

Barbara said...

Mmm, with every post about cooking school I want a taste. I ran into an old library co-worker and her nephew graduated from the CIA in NY. She said he came to fix a family reunion meal and brought his own stove. Now that's spoiled! See you in a couple weeks. Yippee!