Sunday, February 24, 2008

Week 26-27 of Culinary School

Week 26 of school was the end of our Asian class. We put on a lunch that we could invite guests to, which was fun. David came, of course, and got to have a delicious Japaneses meal. I was the executive chef, so I got to run around and trouble shoot for everyone and make sure everything got done.
Here are some pictures from our Japanese meal.



Week 27 you could cut the tension with in the air with a knife. Our final practical exams started Tuesday. Some people passed and some people didn’t and get another shot at it on March 4th. The test is the same format as the last semester practical, we draw our menu 30 minutes ahead of time, and have 2.5 hours to cook a fish course and a main course with veg. and starch for 4 people. Mine is on Monday, ie tomorrow, and I’m pretty much in a mild panic at all times. I have been having strange dreams and I think it’s the stress coming out in my sleep.

The class we have been in is Food and Wine Pairing for Chefs. We had presidents day off, and had a field trip (wine tasting in Sonoma) on Friday o we have really only had three days of class. We cook food to go with specific wine, and have a lot of lecture. Next week we have 2 days of class, and then a dinner on Wednesday at the restaurant at school. We get Thursday and Friday off! I cant wait to be done with my practical and have a few days off to recover! I’ll post on Monday PM or Tuesday and let everyone know how I did.

Lots of love to one and all
Abby

1 comment:

Peanut said...

Awhhhhh. Asian food. I ruv asian food. I bet it was dericious Abby. I rish I could have tasted it.