Sunday, October 14, 2007

Week 12

Week 12

Week 12 -14 will be European/Mediterranean food. The first three days was dedicated to Northern Africa, Turkey, Greece, Iran, and the middle east. I was the Sous Chef on Wednesday, which is a rotating position of authority. I made sure everyone had everything they needed, made sure we had all the food. I helped Chef Mike set up the demo and then I set up the buffet of all the food that we made. It was fun to be in charge and I think I did pretty well.

Friday we switched to Spain, and had a three hour lecture on Spain and is food. Three hours was a lot of lecture, and the information was a little dated, but most of it was still true. Next week Monday and Tuesday will be Spain as well and then the rest of the week will be Italian.

Saturday David and I were feeling adventurous and decided and go on a hike (stop laughing Leigh-Anna. I’m out-doorsy!) We got some salads from a gourmet market in town, and some fried chicken and drove to Napa Valley State Park to eat it. It is a 5 minute drive from our house, so it was a nice afternoon activity. We parked the car and hiked up a small hill (1000 feet or so) and had our lovely little picnic from the top. It was nice to get little exercise and the hike was beautiful, although it was a little more strenuous than I thought it would be. When we got home we made a delicious four cheese mac and cheese, a warm spinach salad with bacon dressing, and broccoli. Victoria came over, as she usually does for dinner on Saturday night. We had a yummy dinner and then watched a little Family guy (one of our favorite TV shows).

Now David is at work and I’m about to do some homework, and fold the laundry. It sunny and beautiful outside, although I wish it was a little cooler, and more fall-like. 70 and sunny does not say October to me. Oh well, I should enjoy it while it lasts.
I hope everyone had a great week,

Lots of love
Abby

4 comments:

Peanut said...

Cut to Abby and Leigh leaning against a tree, trying to catch their breath halfway up the hill while Luke Van Hulle strolls 20 feet ahead of us with his hands in his pockets. I thought we had learned our lesson about hiking that day. How quickly you forget Abigail :P This weekend is Homecoming - sure wish you were coming home to Menom :( I'll send ya some pics from the craziness and I'll pour some beer in your honor. Here's one for my homie Abby :)

Abby&David said...

I know, it was very Luke's hike, but it was literally 10 times longer! I was weezing by the time we got to the top. I wish I could be there for homecoming. I hope it is great, it will be your last one so enjoy it.
And be sure to pour out some beer for me, and call me when you cant feel your teeth.
xoxoxoxox
Abby

Peanut said...

Done and done :)

Unknown said...

Abby & David took me out for a lovely dinner in downtown St. Helena to celebrate my birthday. I had a great time seeing you guys... although I think I caught Abby's cold!

Thanks for dinner, the virus not so much.

Wade